Well since my other DAVID’S sample went less than ideally, I figured I’d just dump it and give this one a shot in the hopes it will get me to bed sooner.

The power is flickering here because it is so windy outside, so I’m glad I’ve got something i hot to drink.

I haven’t really had chamomile that much, but my grandmother loves it. In fact I think the only time I’ve ever had it I was at her house. She is very fussy about how she likes her tea prepped – she uses a HotShot to brew up the water, then steeps the bag (always Celestial Seasonings, from what I remember) for the length of the cup, and adds an ice cube to get it to cool down because she’s too impatient to wait those few minutes and let it cool down on it’s own. It’s funny what memories get triggered, sometimes.

Anyway, chamomile has an immediately recognizable smell, but at the same time, it’s not one that is particularly memorable to me, either. I couldn’t tell you what it smelled like without it being directly under my nose, in any event. Just – floral. And like it would be good with honey. But in this case I have an extra tang of hibiscus pinking up the liquor and adding an interesting complexity to the scent.

I’m surprised, but I really really like this! I think it’s the hibiscus that’s doing it, too. There’s just enough to be noticeable, but not enough that I’m tasting that overly drying, metallic note. I think I taste the lemon/citrus addition as well, but thankfully no licorice – that really isn’t my thing.

Now if this sucker manages to get me sleepy on top of tasting good, I’m pretty sure an order will be in my future. Yay for pleasant surprises!