YUM. I was soooo excited to see this one in stock! I was even more excited when my 52teas package got here Saturday instead of Monday like the USPS initially expected. I didn’t get to pick up the package until late last night, so with this being a black tea I waited until the morning to try it. The smell permeated the bag though (made me a little nervous since I ordered some other teas and didn’t want smell contamination – luckily my shamrock and almond happiness teas are untainted!) so I got a strong whiff of blueberry all night long to enjoy!

The hype around this made me nervous I would be the outlier – my M.O. is to be the odd one out in most cases, it seems. But nope! This time I’m happily in the majority. I used 2 tsp. leaf for 12 oz. water at below parameters. The first sips were sans milk and sugar, and initially I got the whole thing – blueberry and cream cheese pastry perfection. Then my tastebuds seemed to settle out and I lost it, but milk and sugar brought out those notes again and I enjoyed a cup of blueberry dessert heaven for the rest of the cup.

I got a good resteep out of this too – at 7 minutes most of the pastry was lost but I still had some strong blueberry flavors that worked well without milk and sugar. This tea is SMOOTH – there was no bitterness whatsoever.

Amazing. This was wonderful and I’m sooo glad I got my hands on some!

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong