drank Shamrock Tea by 52teas

Every time I drink a green tea I ask myself why I don’t drink them MORE.

This one I bought especially for my boyfriend, lover of all mint green teas. I figured he’d like getting a dose of spearmint and peppermint, since usually mint teas feature one or the other. It wasn’t until after I bought it and read the description closer that I realized there would be vanilla too, which made me excited because I love vanilla enough to overcome my meh feelings about mint.

The dry leaf smells “like toothpaste” to the boyfriend, but the vanilla is really easy to pick up in the scent and its has more of a complexity to me than that. Maybe like a grasshopper? It’s very well balanced and heady, whatever it is. I could live in that smell.

Steeped 2.5 tsp at the below parameters, the smell thankfully doesn’t change except to have more vegetal undertones from the green tea. Taste wise, I get vanilla, mint and sencha, and then the cooling feeling of mint after I swallow. The texture is quite creamy from the vanilla, too. This is really doing a number on my palate, I’ve got to say.

I’m quite happy to have picked up two pouches of this – one will go to work with him, and one will stay here for us. I imagine this would be an excellent tea to drink in the summer, and if summer ever happens here again (seriously, March? FLURRIES? This is Atlanta) this is the first cold brew I’ll be making!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: