drank Florence by Harney & Sons

Another one from momo. This weekend really would have been a bust without those samples! I had this at breakfast this morning.

This is the year I officially know I have seasonal allergies. Specifically to tree pollen because my symptoms plotted agains the allergy forecasts are dead on. Meh. Maybe I just need to live somewhere where there’s no oak trees? I’m not game for anything that destroys my sense of taste/smell like this on a yearly basis.

That’s the main reason why I can’t rate this tea – I could actually smell it fine, when I put my nose way down in the cup. Hazelnuts and chocolate – nutella in tea. I added some milk but no sugar because if it smelled so much like hot chocolate I wanted the texture to match. And it did become creamy and smooth, but it also lost any chocolate/hazelnut flavor and I was left with black tea and milk. I could still smell it in all it’s glory, and I knew it wasn’t astringent or bitter or anything, but there was NO chocolate/hazelnut in my mouth. :(

I still have enough for another cup or two so I’ll be trying it when I’m back to normal. I can’t wait to complete the whole puzzle – it was the weirdest experience ever to get everything BUT an actual flavor from a tea.

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong