So I’m super nerd when it comes to DNA and nature/nurture all of that stuff. And then I found 23andme.com (bear with me, I promise I’m not advertising for them!) which is basically an outlet to learn things about my genetics, health risks, drug sensitivities and ancestry and all of that. Fun fact: I’m approximately 2.8% Neanderthal. :)

Today I finally got the email notification that the health part was ready, and one of the things they test you for is caffeine metabolism/tolerance. Apparently I’m the fast metabolizer, meaning that I can drink a lot and it doesn’t do much to me. I had a feeling as much, at least as far as tea is concerned, given that I drank this at 2:30 AM yesterday and was immediately tired afterwards. Coffee affects me a little stronger, but then, that’s why I don’t like to drink it. :)

I just really, really like this. I like that I can get two steeps out of it, which is rare for a 52Teas blend for me. The seconds steep is mostly just the fruit part, but blueberry tea is still just as wonderful. I am killing my first pouch – it’s a little less than half full. Luckily I have one more left but after its gone I’m going to need to really think about getting a pound made. Maybe by then we’ll get a strawberry version too so I can has ALL THE DANISHES. Seriously, I am dying to know what a strawberry or cherry or peach version of this would taste like (anything but raspberry, which of course is the ONLY other varietal there was).

Welp, I’m going to go rustle up another cup of tea and stick my nose back into my chromosomes for the night…

Rie

Wow, this 23andme.com website is awesome. I’m considering getting an order myself! Thanks for the link. :B Now geeking out on DNA on the notes of black tea tonight too, haha.

Kittenna

Cherry Cream Cheese Danish? WANT!

Comments

Rie

Kittenna

Cherry Cream Cheese Danish? WANT!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: