This was another sample from momo!

This one smells and looks a lot like the Pumpkin chai from DAVID’s. It is super heavy on the spices of the pie rather than pumpkin itself. I get a whole lot of cinnamon, and maybe clove/nutmeg.

I used 1.5 tsp. leaf for a 10 oz. cup and drank it straight. I think it would benefit from cream and sugar mostly because it had a thinner texture and taste. Once steeped the spices were still very present in the smell but the taste was pretty watery until it started to cool down some. Even once it cooled the pumpkin note was barely there – drowned out by the spice.

I think in terms of pumpkin flavor the Pumpkin Creme Brulee by Butiki was more authentic so if you want to actually taste pumpkin I would go with that. But if you like the whole pumpkin pie experience then this one is certainly not a bad option. Then again, it is April so I’m pretty sure no one’s REALLY thinking about pumpkin pie right now anyway – I’m just that weird that I can stand it all year round!

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong