This was a free sample with my Butiki order – thanks Stacy!

The dry leaf smells very caramel/cream like. Vague nutty scent. Once steeped everything smells roasted. I get a slight vegetal quality that I think is the Mao Jian. I know I’ve had Mao Jian before from Tea Vivre, so let me pull up my notes on that and see..

Yep, spinachy and sweet was how I described that tea, which is true of the base here as well. There is an additional cream undertone with some caramel in the taste. The nutty flavor is blended perfectly with the Mao Jian – so much so that really I just feel like maybe Mao Jian always had pistachio in the flavor profile – it works together that seamlessly. The mouthfeel on this is creamy and I could see how sugar would make this a true ice cream tea, but I like this fine plain.

Not bad! I am glad I got the sample size, though, since usually I just can’t do flavored greens for more than a cup or two. I’ve liked almost everything I’ve tried from Butiki, though, and this is no exception!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: