drank Florence by Harney & Sons

Sample sipdown! I’ve imposed a moratorium on myself that 75 is the maximum number of teas I should have at any time. This brings me down to 73…a few more and I can go shopping, haha!

Steep notes: 12 oz. water, 2 tsp. leaf, below parameters, no additives.

I was worried I’d used too much leaf this time around, and that it would be bitter. The liquor was a dark chocolate brown, nearly opaque actually. It ended up absolutely perfect though: unsweetened, smooth dark chocolate, hazelnut at the end of the sip. The flavoring in this is amazingly well done, and just the right intensity.

I’m late on the bandwagon for this, it seems, but no less impressed. Perhaps my next tea order will be a Harney one then? :)

JacquelineM

I keep wondering what my max # of teas should be and I can’t come up with a good number! I was thinking 50, which is full of variety but sensible (for a tea freak!). Alas, I’m at 84 (but some are very tiny amounts).

oh man. I wish i had that kind of control…

I am slowly getting to a point where I’ve
a) tried most of the teas in my cupboard (I have a few samples) and
b) know that I LIKE these teas (because I buy a few just to see).

I’ll be happy when I have 70-100 teas that I know I like, on hand for whenever the mood strikes… The problem is that there are always new tea companies to try out, but I want to focus on enjoying the ones that I know are good, instead of my previous situation where I had A LOT of tea and was indifferent to a good chunk of it.

I’m with you on that rough number cavo….sadly i need drop like 150 to get there.

Cavocorax

You just need to put it into perspective. At least you don’t have 700 teas/samples like… some people here. :P Bwahaha

Also, I didn’t realise you’d been here for less than a year – so I can see your numbers going down and staying down once you’ve actually sampled everything and got a nice rotation figured out. #ideally? (I’ve been her for only 6 months or so but I was definitely victim to what I dub the Steepster Effect – where you have to BUY and TRY ALL THE TEAS. That number has to go down at some point though… Or am I just lying to myself?)

mmmm i still want to drink ALL THE TEA! My number has actually sort of gone down in the sense that now i can share a lot more orders with Kittenna and Indigobloom and Raritea so that’s helped in terms of volume of tea. i just need to drink all the tea terri sent me – 71 samples killed my cuboard lol

Cavocorax

71 samples? That’s INSANE. :O (insanely awesome)

cavo…lol yeah. we both sent each other boxes of samples… no idea how many i sent her way but i’m sure it was over 40. we just kinda kept adding things lol

Comments

JacquelineM

oh man. I wish i had that kind of control…

I am slowly getting to a point where I’ve
a) tried most of the teas in my cupboard (I have a few samples) and
b) know that I LIKE these teas (because I buy a few just to see).

Cavocorax

71 samples? That’s INSANE. :O (insanely awesome)

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: