drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

I’m on standby tonight – meaning I have to be up until 2 AM when work will officially call me off. And since it’s been a while since I worked nights, I’ve transitioned back to days and am DRAGGING. Luckily I’m at home with my tea stash to help combat the sleepiness!

I got an ounce of this with my last Butiki order, since the sample I tried was so very amazing. I didn’t try it with sugar last time though, and everyone raves about it when it’s sweetened, so I decided to give it a go since sugar + caffeine work really well when staying awake is an issue. :)

The caramel and vanilla notes are the strongest here, in the scent and in the taste. The sugar does indeed make the flavors pop, but I feel like in the process I’ve lost a bit of the tamarind itself. I’m hoping that when it cools this will change.

Nope…still mostly caramel and vanilla. Still really good, though. I made 2 cups worth of tea in the Breville, so I’ve been adding the unsweetened part to what’s already in my cup and that seems to be bringing out the tamarind more. I really do seem to prefer this one less sweet, which is just really strange since usually that’s NOT my norm.

It’s a great companion for tonight, though, while I watch the minutes tick by until I can go get some sleep…

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: