5 g. leaf, 500 ml. water, below parameters. No additives.

In a nutshell: smooth, malty unsweetened cocoa powder with a peppery bite at the end of the sip and a thick honeyed texture as it cools. The liquor is mahogany, with no sediment since the leaves themselves are so long and spindly. I got the boyfriend to give it a shot because it meets his criteria of not being a dessert tea.

He liked it. Well at least, after he took a sip and handed me back the cup he said “what is this?” in a tone that indicated he would like to recreate some for himself. The beauty of this is that it’s a breakfast tea I can have without milk or sugar – between this and East Frissy I’ve it covered I think!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: