The best thing about working the night shift (I think I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating) is that I no longer hate mornings. If I haven’t worked the night before I’m usually in bed early and up by 6:30 or so. It’s madness – do you know how much you can get done if you are up by 6:30?!

Today I hopped out of bed and decided I wanted a hearty breakfast so I made bacon, eggs, toast (in the oven, since our toaster broke and we’re slacking on getting a new one) and put this lovely tea on in the Breville.

Weekend breakfasts are one of the best things ever!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: