drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

I ordered 4 oz. of this tea based on a sample that was AMAZING, but my first cup of the new batch brewed western style was kind of disappointing.

I think it must have aged a bit though because when I made this today (1 tbsp. leaf, below parameters, no addivites) it was beautiful! Chocolate biscotti is what it smelled like brewed…I couldn’t get my nose far enough into the cup. The taste was smooth, unsweetened cacao powder layered over malty black tea. Just like that elusive sampling I tried a while back!

Second steep, at six minutes, was cinnamon brownie. Both steeps didn’t need a thing added, which makes me very happy..and glad that I have a healthy amount of this to get through. It won’t take me long, I bet!

Mercuryhime

Is this the new spring batch they just acquired? So excited to get mine!

Comments

Mercuryhime

Is this the new spring batch they just acquired? So excited to get mine!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: