drank Butterbeer by 52teas

ARGH! I have had this twice already but it’s been days ago so this is kind of a faded tasting note x2.

Okay, I tacked this on to my French Toast black tea order out of a mild curiosity. I likely would not have placed an order specifically for this, even though I am a big Harry Potter fan and I have always had my own ideas of what butterbeer would taste like if it were an actual thing.

Steep notes: 1 tsp., 8 oz. water, below parameters. Some sugar, no creamer added.

Imagine rootbeer with a smoother buttery overtone and that’s this tea. I always felt like butterbeer was intended to be served hot based on a memory from the Goblet of Fire where Harry took a sip and felt the warmth spread down to his toes, so even though there’s rootbeer flavors, this works really well warm.

For an add on tea, this has been my favorite in the order so far. I’ll have to do another tasting note (while I’m actively drinking it, haha) to make sure I give a more thorough tasting review…that will probably be sooner rather than later!

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong