drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

Saturday! I’m not working you for once!

To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive – but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on them. I wish we could go now!

But, since I can’t, and it’s raining, I picked this tea to enjoy. I looooove salted caramel. Salted caramel tea, gluten free donuts, and a lazy weekend. And plenty of books to read – I just finished “The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells” by Andrew Sean Greer and it was one of the best stories I’ve read in a long time. If you have any recommendations for me, I’d love to hear them!

EDIT: Um, and for the tea review – this actually tastes really caramelly today, but I added 3 tsp. leaf to the 500 ml water in my Breville. Normally I have this as a hot chocolate because that was the only way I got a noticeable caramel flavor, but I must have been underleafing before. Still not so much the salt, but the caramel is lovely and accentuated nicely with a bit of milk. One of the best cups of this I’ve had so far!

mpierce87

I definitely recommend Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. It really gives an interesting, alternate look at the traditional story.

gmathis

There’s a “what have you read” thread that floats up to the top of the string every so often—you can find lots of reading ideas there.

greenteafairy

I’d recommend Wolf Hall if you haven’t read it – I’m about halfway through at the moment, and it’s the best thing I’ve read in a while.

Fjellrev

Hawaii! That’s awesome.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I will ditto both of the above. Plus 11/22/63. I brought it for my mom and read a few pages just to see what it was like and I’ve been flying through it.

Cavocorax

Great recs – thanks! I’m adding to my wishlist right now. The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells sounds intriguing, although I hope it’s better than Life After Life. I got bored with that one.

Comments

mpierce87

gmathis

greenteafairy

Fjellrev

Hawaii! That’s awesome.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Cavocorax

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong