UM. I have to say, the smell of this dry IS A&W Root beer. How does it manage to smell like carbonation?!?

So normally with 52teas I like my black teas at 4 minutes, 212 degrees, 1.5 tsp. for 10 oz. water. That tends to be my default so I started from there.

I wasn’t disappointed! Once steeped, the liquor smells of creamy rootbeer. Slightly less of a carbonation smell, but then, adding ice cream tends to dull that in a real root beer float. The cream note also rounds out what would probably be a slightly astringent tea base – next time I’ll go a little less on the steeping, though this is fabulous even with the over steep. It would also probably be amazing with milk and sugar but it doesn’t need it.

Soooo glad this got restocked – it’s definitely one of Frank’s best!

janieteo

Hi there, i understand that you are a big tea drinker. i also love to drink tea but not as huge fan as most of you here. Instead i am a big teabags collector. i only collect the empty wrappers and i have about 12000 different wrappers from all over the world. i am desperately looking for teadrinkers who can help me to keep the empty wrappers for my collection and have it trade with other collectors too. So can you help me out with keeping the wrappers for me. My email address is [email protected].

Comments

janieteo

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong