New tea to try! YAY! And it was the tea of the week last week, but it actually came out on my birthday (last Wednesday) so I am just self absorbed enough to pretend it was Frank’s birthday present to me! A birthday present I paid for, but I’ll go with it, haha. :)

It was really tempting not to eat that candy corn sitting so innocently, all whole and pretty, on top of the leaf. But I was good, and for the full experience, I let it just do it’s thing and melt into the hot water as it steeped at the below parameters. I did 1.5 tsp., no additives for my first cup.

Dry leaf smell – kind of musty, kind of vanilla-y? I feel like I’ve smelled this before. Maybe it’s the caramel flavoring Frank uses? Anyway, it wasn’t bad it was just familiar and not immediately discernible as candy corn.

Taste wise it did actually evolve into candy corn as the tea cooled off. At first it was just a generic sweetness in a black tea but then I did pick up on a caramel/vanilla flavor. I will try it with additives but it was good without – I’ll have to be careful if I do add sugar because I don’t think it would take much to make this overly sweet.

Pretty yummy, though – and I love how well timed it is for October!

Jackie T

I ordered this for my dad and he’s visiting this weekend, I hope he brings the tea because I’m dying to try it!

Comments

Jackie T

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong