drank Smooth Earl by Compass Teas

Backlog from yesterday.

I went through a few days where I would drink a tea and think “you should log this” but then never got around to it. So now I’m in the process of catching up.

Steeped according to package directions, meaning 1 tsp, to 8 oz water and some half and half with about 1/2 tsp. sugar. I drank it while starting a new book (Luminaries, Eleanor Catton) and finishing up another (The Drowning Guard, Linda Lafferty) since I had most of the beginning of this week off.

I do think this is one of the best Earl Grey Cream teas out there. That I’ve tried, at least. Something about the cohesiveness of it, as though bergamot and vanilla and black are actually one singular ingredient. You taste them all together and can’t believe they ever existed apart.

I think marshmallow winter will probably be back in stock from Compass Teas soon (loved that tea last year but only got a sample, unfortunately) so if I place an order for that I’ll be getting more of this as well.

Perfect for my book reading afternoon.

gmathis

The book reading afternoon sounds more delicious than the tea :)

Comments

gmathis

The book reading afternoon sounds more delicious than the tea :)

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: