drank Tourbillon by Dammann Freres

No floral. Anywhere. This is okay by me but I double checked the packaging just to be sure. It’s all caramel in the dry leaf. Reminds me alot of the DAVIDs salted caramel really, and I’m kind of meh on that one. Once steeped it does smell a touch more nutty. Chocolate/caramel and nutty.

No additives (this is amazing!) and the first taste gives me a cherry/fig note along with the dry/astringence of a nutty flavor. I’ve never had chestnuts that I know of but I guess that’s the flavor I’m getting? Makes me want to try them as a food. :) The nutty flavor it is most reminiscent of, to me, is almond.

This doesn’t actually seem like a tea to me, though. The black tea is very meek and hiding under the other flavors, so it’s almost like I’m drinking the essence of cherry&almond. It is smooth and stands very nicely on its own with no additives, but it doesn’t seem like something I’d want to try again. A fun novelty tea, though!

Yay, I’m catching up!

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong