Advent calendar day 11.

No additives, brewed at below parameters.

Holy wow chocolate. There was definitely orange in the dry leaf (and a nutty chocolate note there too) and that orange made it really seem vastly different from Harney’s Florence, even though they both are primarily chocolate and hazelnut.

The first sip of this was ALL chocolate. The scent was nutty and slightly citrus, but chocolate was pretty much it on taste. As with most of these teas, it’s pretty much all flavoring with no tea notes. Although, as it cools….maybe I get a hint of the tea more? OH, and orange does come out in the aftertaste.

Hmm, now there’s hazelnut first, then orange, then chocolate. WOW! This one is so fun because it literally changes with every sip! If I had gone on initial impressions I think Florence would have won hands down but this? This is a chameleon tea and I’m loving the surprise factor.

Oh, and since it is the 12th already – everyone else with the advent calendar, was your 12th day empty? It must have slipped into the column below (I could feel two bags so I pulled out the one on top) but now I’m not sure if it’s the right tea or not and I don’t want to post any spoilers if it isn’t. Sigh. Guess I’ll have to be patient and wait and see!

yyz

It’s the correct one! It sounds nice.

Nightshifter

Ooo! Florence fan here and this one sounds like a must try. :)

Dinosara

Maybe I can post a hint without posting spoilers (since I won’t be posting my review of todays until tomorrow)… the 12th’s tea was a “Noél in [insert place]” tea. Does that help?

JoonSusanna

@ Dinosara – Yes! Excellent! I did manage to get the right one then! I’ll post my note tomorrow as well. :)

Comments

yyz

It’s the correct one! It sounds nice.

Nightshifter

Ooo! Florence fan here and this one sounds like a must try. :)

Dinosara

JoonSusanna

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong