My Butiki order got here! (It was here Saturday but then my front office “lost” it so I only just got to tear into it today…the joys of apartment living).

I got SO. MANY. TEAS. My self imposed limit is 75 and I’m sitting at 84 currently thanks to a recent sort-of-swap and this. It ended up being something like 20 new teas after everything got counted up. I wanted to try a Butiki one this afternoon but they all sounded so good that I literally had to just blindly pick one out of the box. And that’s brought me here.

Steeped following Butiki’s parameters and served with no additives.

The scent of the dry leaf is straight up caramel. The sweet, chewy caramels are what immediately comes to mind. That makes me very happy, as I love those things! I also get hints of the Premium Taiwanese Assam, so the end result is a nice malty caramel scent.

This is a nicely sweet tea even without the additives. The caramel is the strongest flavor, but the Taiwanese assam plays really well with it. The vanilla comes out as a buttery note that really compliments the other flavors well.

Well, this is off to a great start…now to try some more!

caile

It’s always hard to choose which tea to try first out of a new bunch! Sounds like you picked a good one!

Comments

caile

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: