The third of the teas I ordered from Dammann, and a backlog from last night.

(I know that I am the queen of needless verbosity so I’m sorry in advance, but I’m including the backstory to keep it all straight in my head for future reference.)

I am ambivalent about mint teas in general, so this was a tea I mostly ordered for the boyfriend, who goes through Moroccan Mint in 250 g. increments. He really liked the Teavana version (which uses spearmint) but that is needlessly expensive, and then I switched to buying Upton (which uses peppermint) because it was cheaper and we both really dislike the ambiance and price of Teavana.

When I was looking for DF teas to buy I found that this one uses nana mint, a spearmint varietal that is actually what a Moroccan mint tea SHOULD contain. Since we needed a restock anyway this was a no brainer.

Which leads us to last night. The dry leaf didn’t have too much of a smoky note to it, which is good because I prefer less if possible. The mint was also very mild -definitely spearmint, but a little bit shyer.

Steep notes: below parameters, 2 tsp. leaf to 500 ml. water in the Breville, and no additives.

This is a well blended tea in that I taste the mint and the green equally. It doesn’t shout mint and it doesn’t do that cooling trick in your mouth that an overload of mint tends to cause. Nice and muted, and up the boyfriend’s alley. He’s most pleased with it, actually.

As for me, its good. Mint greens aren’t my thing and are pretty interchangeable, but I wasn’t getting it for me in the first place. He will go through it, and that’s all that matters.

what else did you pick up!

Terri HarpLady

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

JoonSusanna

Haha- I did this one, the Figue Fraiche and Noel A Venise. I’ve reviewed them all now, and I’m such a slow drinker that 100g. of each of those is going to last a long time.

nice!

Comments

what else did you pick up!

Terri HarpLady

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

JoonSusanna