It’s my Steepster birthday! I’ve been hanging around here for a good 3 years now!

I had another hard night at work – our floor is full of such heavy acuity kids right now I feel like I’m running all night long. Luckily I’ve got a night to recuperate before signing on for 2 more. Plus, it is SO COLD outside. Supposed to flurry later tonight/tomorrow morning, even, though it would be better if it didn’t. Georgians simply don’t know what to do with snow or ice.

So I couldn’t just go off to sleep without getting a cup of tea to warm/relax me. I wanted a black tea, no added flavors but strong. This one I got from Stacy’s Black Friday sale, and since I know most of the flavor profiles of these teas separately, I was excited to see what happened when they blended together.

Followed the steep parameters recommended by Stacy, 3 tsp. leaf to 500 ml. water in the Breville.

This brews up a lighter brown color than I usually expect for a breakfast tea. It’s very smooth and doesn’t need any additives, either, which makes it seem even less of a breakfast tea to me.

Interesting…I think this tea has the lighter texture and mouthfeel of the Darjeeling, while maintaining the chocolate/malt/earthiness of the assam and keemun. It’s kind of throwing me for a loop, actually, that it has such a rich flavor without as much of a body to it.

I will say that I went into this very hesitantly knowing the Keemun was in this blend – I was leery of the smoke. This Keemun is really not smoky at all (phew!) and that was the biggest thing I was worried about so this makes me very happy. I do think its more of an afternoon tea than a breakfast tea, and I also think the chocolate/raisin notes come out a LOT more as the tea itself cools.

Pretty good, but not my absolute favorite blend from Butiki. Still, it was great to try it!

Anna

Happy Steepster birthday – to many more!

Uniquity

Hah, I saw this and then checked my Steepster birthday – also three years today! Cheers to us and all the rest!

caile

Happy steepster birthday to you both! :-)

Rosehips

Fjellrev

Yay, happy Steepster birthday to you!

OMGsrsly

Happy steepster-versary! :)

woot! happy anniversary you two!

Helena

JustJames

this tea is better than any cake for a celebration IMO. =0)

JoonSusanna

@Thanks guys!
@ Uniquity – awesome- happy steepster birthday to you too! Steepster twins!

Comments

Anna

Happy Steepster birthday – to many more!

Uniquity

caile

Happy steepster birthday to you both! :-)

Rosehips

Fjellrev

Yay, happy Steepster birthday to you!

OMGsrsly

Happy steepster-versary! :)

woot! happy anniversary you two!

Helena

JustJames

this tea is better than any cake for a celebration IMO. =0)

JoonSusanna

@Thanks guys!
@ Uniquity – awesome- happy steepster birthday to you too! Steepster twins!

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong