drank Peach HoppiTea by Butiki Teas

Well this has been a gorgeous Sunday. Reading, tea and a mid-50 degree day in January, with no plans on the horizon. All weekends should be like this.

I picked this tea mostly because it’s one of the few Butiki teas from my last order that I have not tried yet. That and it smelled so temptingly of peaches when I opened the bag that there was no way I’d be able to try anything else. As it is I want time to speed up to summer so that I can eat a fresh one…peaches in season are one of my favorite things.

Once steeped the fresh peach smell turns into banana and peach. Maybe the hops did that? The flavor is sort of bitter banana peach, too. I’m drinking these first sips plain but I’m thinking this might need sugar to help ease the bitter notes…

Ah, much better. The sugar emphasizes the juiciness of the peach that much more and reduces some of the bitter flavor, which I am now realizing is from the hops and not the tea base. For some reason I assumed hops = carbonation. I’m sure it surprises no one when I say that I’m not a big beer drinker.

This is absolutely a fantastic tea though- outstanding with a little bit of sugar. The flavor accuracy of the peach is my favorite part, and I imagine this would be perfect iced in the summer. If it lasts me that long

Butiki Teas

Yep, the hops is bitter and this particular hops has strong grapefruit notes. Our other beer tea, the hops adds a spicy flavor with minimal to no bitterness.

Comments

Butiki Teas

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: