drank Sakura Tea by Obubu Tea

Ever since that yummy encounter with the Obukucha tea I’ve been wanting to see if pickled cherry blossom would be as good as the pickled plum in that green tea.

Unfortunately that’s a no.

I think it’s because the salted, vinegared blossom also has a sweetness to it, and that’s like putting sugar on salt and vinegar chips. Or at least that’s what my tastebuds equated it with, and that is just gross.

Even once its steeped, as gorgeous as the pink flower looks floating in the tea, it just doesn’t ever have a flavor I can stand. Sweetened vinegar is just not my thing. Oh well, I’m really glad I got to try it and see for sure!

Stephanie

did you try rinsing it first? I have some sakura tea from another seller, and they specifically told me to rinse the salt off before brewing it. Thanks for reminding me actually, I need to try mine soon! :D

JoonSusanna

Yeah, I rinsed it per the directions. I think my problem was the sweet/salty combo. I like one or the other and not both together (the Obukucha was very savory, which is what I loved about it). I hope you end up liking the latte – can’t wait to read your tasting note about it!

Comments

Stephanie

JoonSusanna