Do you know what happens when you put 5 tsp. of this in a DAVIDsTEA mason jar (25 oz. volume) and let this cold brew for about…oh, 18 hours?

Well, first of all, you get the most fabulous fruity iced tea that there ever was. The base Dammann uses here allows for the juicy fig note to take center stage but this is still very much a good black tea that does not need sweetening to be awesome.

Second of all, you can use the leaves twice and get a lighter black tea with even more sweet figgy notes that is just as amazing as the first go around.

This was a definite win – the mason jar (I love it so hard), the tea, everything. I’ll be experimenting with other fruity teas cold but honestly this may take over peach tea as my cold tea of choice this summer.

Dustin

Does the metal filter fit into all mason jars or just one it comes with?

JoonSusanna

I would say yes, though I don’t have any mason jars of comparable size to check for sure. It doesn’t snap in or anything, though – really it’s just like their smaller stainless steel strainers that I use with any mug.

Dustin

Ah, I see. It looked like the lip was smaller than the perfect mug strainer when I checked the website. I do a lot of cold steeps in the fridge in mason jars over the summer, so it could be handy to have.

Amariel

Sweet! I want the mason jar for cold brewing especially!

Comments

Dustin

Does the metal filter fit into all mason jars or just one it comes with?

JoonSusanna

Amariel

Sweet! I want the mason jar for cold brewing especially!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: