You may have noticed (if you look in my cupboard that is), but I tend to gravitate toward flavored teas. Like, strongly flavored desserty teas. But I won the Valentine’s contest by Life in Teacup, which was very fortuitous indeed – it got me back to the roots of really good, basic tea.

This was the first of my samples that I broke open. Upon smelling it I immediately said “flowers!” at the same time that my boyfriend said “grass!”, so in other words, it’s a garden in a cup. After it was brewed the flowers stayed in the smell, but there was also something buttery behind it. Despite that buttery presence the tea was extremely light..the flowers were very present in the taste. It was like springtime on my palate, if that makes any sense.

It made a wonderfully calming ending to the day.