drank Masala Chai by Adagio Teas

I’m having trouble believing the steeping parameters on this tea are correct. 4 tsp. to 2 cups? At 5 minutes? But I like to follow directions so I did it anyway, against my better instincts.
Maybe the fault lies with me, in that I was supposed to add milk and sugar and not try this plain. It was SUPER strong – too strong to be palatable for me – without any additives.
And second steeps of this do not work, either. I figured the weakness in the cup would be a good thing, but it just tasted watery, and no milk and sugar could cover that.
Sigh.
I’ll keep plugging away at the first steeps of this, adjusting volume until I get it right…but I think once this is gone I will move on to better chais. Any suggestions would be welcome. :)