This was one of the free samples I won from Life In Teacup’s Valentine’s contest…

This does not seem like a white tea at all. It brewed up a brownish color – really like a black tea. It smelled sort of like a cross between a black tea and a puerh- I got a hint of earthiness in the nose after it brewed, and the black tea scent that I’m very familiar with as that is one of my favorite tea types.

Tastewise, I’m thinking it reminds me of a black tea as well, with a small honeyish note. I don’t get white at all, but to be fair, I’m so inexperienced with white teas I may just be missing it.

Overall, though, this is a very pleasant and relaxing evening tea.