SO EXCITED to get this tea! I live in an apartment complex and my neighbor downstairs got the package by mistake, and then decided that bringing it up at 11:00 PM was the best idea (I mean, is it just me, 11:00 at night??) so I didn’t get to open this until about midnight yesterday.
I opened up the package right then anyway so I could at least smell the dry leaf, and then I almost died. It smelled like those custard donuts at Krispy Kreme (yes, I am so classy) that I got as a little girl – which, incidentally, were my most FAVORITE from the box. Major, major points for the nostalgia factor alone.
I waited patiently until this morning to fire up the Breville, and am now enjoying the cup. The tea itself smells less custard like once brewed – I get more of the black tea in the scent of it. But the vanilla is definitely there in taste. I may have brewed it too strong for drinking alone, though – the vanilla was extra pungent and milk and sugar helped soften it a bit. Next time I’ll take a minute off the steep time and see what happens.
A fantastic way to begin a Sunday!