Attempt #2:
I am picking up more on the syrup scent in the brewed tea. There is much more of a potent buttery taste, but it is still more towards the end of the sip and it’s still quite hot. Unfortunately as it cools I think I’m losing the flavor a little more. Even when adding sugar, I just get a sweetened black tea. Maybe the black tea is too strong and overpowering the pancakes? I think the next step is to reduce steeping time to 2 minutes and see if that helps.
I can definitely see the potential in the tea, even moreso now with those first sips…I know I will figure this out yet!

52teas

For some people, with some teas, a pinch of salt brings the flavors out more than sweetener would. Might be worth a shot.

KeenTeaThyme

This sounds so yummy! I am (impatiently) waiting for my order. :)

JoonSusanna

@ KiTT – It IS really good – the dry leaf smells heavenly and the tea was really smooth – I think you will love it!
@ 52teas – thanks so much for the suggestion about the salt – that makes perfect sense and I’m a salt fiend so I’ll be giving that a try!

Comments

52teas

KeenTeaThyme

This sounds so yummy! I am (impatiently) waiting for my order. :)

JoonSusanna

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong