Steeped in 10 oz. of water.
The dry leaf smells sweet and toasty at the same time, but also separate from each other, if that makes any sense. In other words, it smells like it looks, which is to say, genmaicha with marshmallows added.
As far as taste goes – it is really interesting!
I get the genmaicha on the front of the sip, and after it’s gone, there’s the marshmallow – it’s not sweet, really but it is marshmallow, none the less. If I added some sugar or sweetener this would be right on for a rice krispy treat. I’m impressed!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: