I had an ounce of this left, and decided it would be best put to use in making a gallon of iced tea. (I like to make tea by the gallon – it seems like so much but it goes fast enough when you’re drinking only that in the summer – and when other people see you and can’t resist, at least you have enough to share. :) ) So I followed my typical iced tea prep – 30 g leaves to 8 cups water, added 1/2 cup sugar, steeped for 4 minutes and poured over 8 cups of ice.
As a rule, when I think iced tea I think of Lipton. I’m a creature of habit; I grew up on the stuff for 26+ years and so now it’s kind of my standard. Nostalgia is hard to overcome. This tea does come quite close to getting me to break with tradition, though..
This tea is fabulous iced. FABULOUS. There’s a dark honeyish note that the sugar brings out that adds a whole other dimension to that classic black tea taste. My boyfriend tasted the difference immediately without me saying anything, and voiced his approval of the change. Shame it’s the last of my stash for now…