drank Earl Grey Creme by Teavana

YOU GUYS. So, I’ve liked the idea of cold brewing forever with the problem that I sweeten my tea. Not with a lot of sweetener, mind you, but enough that drinking cold brewed black tea with nothing else didn’t quite cut it for me. And add in the fact that I know sugar won’t dissolve in cold tea, and cold brewing just seemed like it wouldn’t be an option for my palette.

Enter in lightning moment that just randomly hit me: SIMPLE SYRUP! So I made a batch, let it cool over night, and cold brewed some of this earl grey (4 tsp. for 3 cups water) for around 10 hours to try it out this morning.

I probably can lighten up on the amount of leaves for next time because the vanilla is STRONG, both in smell and in taste. And, why hello there bergamot! These two flavors are quite bold together – the tea base only manages to make itself known over the back of the sip. A wake up tea this morning, for sure.

In conclusion: cold brewing is awesome. Seeing as I have months and months before I can stomach hot tea again (even in the morning) this will serve quite nicely in keeping the tea brewing alive around here.

Iced 8 min or more