Cold brewed. I was taking a chance on this one, because I haven’t had it hot yet. Ideally I feel like you should try a tea hot before you do so cold – but it’s August. I just couldn’t bring myself to turn on anything that would heat up the house.

Anyway, so cold brewed, steeped for about 20 hours in the fridge with 4.5 tsp. in 750 ml. of water. Did take a sip plain but ultimately added some (1 tsp.) simple syrup. I definitely think that the flavor is right on – the smell and taste were cinnamon rolls and I immediately wanted something pastry-ish to pair with it. There is the taste of the roll itself, and icing and butter notes were present as well.

On my end, I think that more steep time (a couple more hours in the fridge) would have been a good thing – I got impatient and it tastes thinner than I’d like, but that’s my fault. I have the honeybush steep parameters down for a hot drink, so once I can imagine EVER needing to drink something hot again this is first on the list to try. It’s definitely yummy and I’m so glad I snagged a pouch!

Iced 8 min or more
Ashley Bain

I’m so addicted to this tea! I might just have to have a pound of it made up for me if it doesn’t become a permanent. I think this and the banana bread have been my favorite 52 teas I’ve tried.

JoonSusanna

I love the banana bread too! That one tastes like the banana bread my mom made when I was little. I also have a soft spot for the coconut cheesecake honeybush, as that was my “gateweay” tea from Frank, haha. :)

Comments

Ashley Bain

JoonSusanna

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong