drank Milk Oolong by thepuriTea

For my 100th tasting note (!) I wanted to have a tea that I know is good – I’ve had some hit or miss samples that are leaving me a bit skittish of the unknown as of late.

When searching through my teas though, this one unexpectedly fell out of my sample bin. It was a sample from Rachel months ago, and I thought I’d finished it, but apparently not. I also had a lot more than it looked like from the bag (almost a tbsp, so belated thank you to Rachel for being so generous with me!).

Because I had just enough I was dying to try it cold brewed, so I did – steeped it over night in 750 ml. filtered water. The tea was buttery and very green smelling once brewed, and it looks just like a sencha (light green) after steeping.

It tastes like a creamy sencha with some floral notes in it – with the cream and floral parts coming out more as it nears room temperature. It is wonderful – a pure, unflavored tea was just what I needed today. Maybe one day thePuritea will restock this, because I would love to have more!

Iced 8 min or more
LiberTEAS

congrats on 100!

JoonSusanna

Thanks guys!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Happy 100 tealog post! I had an enjoyable time reading through all your posts this week too.