I received this as a complimentary sample from my Upton Tea order. It fit in well with the other teas of my order- black teas that I was going to try iced. And it was also a tea that I wouldn’t have tried on my own – I’ve not had good experiences with floral teas and it’s hard for me to imagine drinking something you cannot also eat (I mean, you could eat a rose, I guess, but it’s not going to fill you up like, say, a cheesecake :) ).

Anyway, so as I’ve been doing with all my teas, I cold brewed this one for a little less than a day (21 hours seems to be the magic point for me with black teas) and added 3 tsp. of leaf to 3 cups of water in my thinksport bottle.

This is wonderful iced. It’s quite smooth and mild, and the rose presence is just perfect – literally a hint, and nothing more. It accentuates the tea base nicely and makes the tea seem more delicate and less bold than I normally consider black teas to be.

As with all my Upton teas so far, this is great unsweetened. Finally, a floral tea that I like!

Iced 8 min or more