Cold brewed for 28 hours, 3 tsp in 3 cups water. The third of 4 samples from a Black Tea sampler from Upton.

As a cold brew this is quite refreshing. There is a very clear, strong honey note in the tea, and a hint of a thicker honeyed texture to the liquid as well. When I drink it a little too quickly, there’s some after taste that I can’t really describe other than to say it’s not very pleasant (it almost is a very subtle smoky note, but that’s still not a 100% accurate description).

The astringency of the tea is there, but it is really mild when prepared this way and again, not something I notice unless I drink a lot really fast. I assume sugar would be a good addition, but it tastes just fine to me without, too. So far I prefer this to the Keemun, but the Darjeeling has been my favorite of all the black teas I’ve tried- I have a few left and it will be interesting to see where they’ll fall…

Iced 8 min or more