drank Cherry Cosmo by Tea Forte

One singe steep packet prepared cold brewed for 20 hours, in 12 oz. of water.

The smell of the dried leaf reminded me of a cherry soda, really. It smelled carbonated. But there wasn’t anything medicinal or alcoholic (yay!) so I was cautiously optimistic as I left it to steep in the fridge.

Once steeped the scent of the liquor was much the same – fizzy cherry-ish. The color of the tea was pretty much dead on for cranberry juice or cherry juice – it was that vibrant and red – so pretty!

Unsweetened this is mouth-puckeringly (and undrinkable, to me) TART. The hibiscus and cherry are no doubt to blame for this – in fact, it tastes like cherry juice that has had all of its sweetness extracted. It is very drying on the tongue and needs a bunch of simple syrup to be palatable, but once it is, it is tasty. More like juice than tea, but tasty.

Iced 8 min or more