Today is pretty much the most awesome tea day I’ve had in a long time. Mostly because I am FINALLY getting around to trying this hot. (I’m a Pitta and in the southern US, so I seriously cannot even do hot liquids if it isn’t cool enough outside. So on the minus side that means no hot tea for…7 months-ish? But on the plus side I REALLY appreciate hot tea season for the brief time I have it. And I do prefer cold tea, so I’m not deprived!)

The first time I tasted this was after cold brewing, where the liquor was MUCH lighter. It was great cold brewed – the flavor was dead on. So I knew this would be great hot.

It is definitely even better than the cold brew! I used my traditional honeybush steeping parameters for this (boiling/10 minute steep/3 tsp. leaf to 16 oz. water in the Breville) and the resulting drink is SO sweet and pastry smelling. I got the icing, and the dough and the cinnamon all when it was unsweetened, and then added some brown sugar and the flavor sky rocketed to decadent.

SO. NOM. Bumping up the rating a bit…

Boiling 8 min or more
LiberTEAS

Well, I guess it’s about time for me to try this one. Better find it in my stash!

JoonSusanna

Yay! I can’t wait to see how you like it!