3 tsp. leaf to 16 oz. water in my Breville.

Yes I am drinking an Assam at night – gotta study for my exams! I had the first cup with milk and sugar and it was perfect. On the second go around I went with just sugar and realized how much the milk helped smooth out the astringency of the cup. Hopefully a shorter steep time will cut out the astringence next time.

It’s super robust with a nice balance of that custard vanilla flavor, though, which I am glad of. It’s a breakfast and dessert tea rolled into one, and makes me enjoy having to put in these late night hours.