Steeped 10 minutes, 1.5 tsp. leaf to 8 oz. water.

I haven’t had this in a long time! But its September and cool out; it’s time to bring out autumn-esque teas.

I thought the smell of the dry leaf was a little more accurate than I remembered – more sweet potatoey. Still very heavy on the cinnamon, but usually sweet potato pie is heavy on cinnamon too. The taste of the tea, however, is also mostly cinnamon. I get some buttery crust notes on the swallow, but its more of the shadow of a taste, rather than the taste itself – it’s the same with the sweet potato flavor. Maybe the flavor has lightened because I’ve just had it awhile?

Even as it cools, I’m not getting any more flavor. Next time I’ll have to remember to add sweetener to see if that brings it out more…

Boiling 8 min or more