2 tsp. to 16 oz. water in the Breville.

The boyfriend actually had tea this morning with me instead of coffee. I should have expected that he would once I told him this one’s origins. He really enjoys German culture in general, so anything from Germany tends to pique his interest. I armed myself with some statistics (East Frisians drink 2500 g. of tea per year) and traditional prep methods (cream and rock sugar), and suddenly he was following behind me to the Breville, mug in hand. What can I say, I’m persuasive. :)

This is a marvelously stout morning tea. Up close the tea smells dark and earthy, the way black teas should. I tasted a sip of it unadulterated at first and my tastebuds were promptly overwhelmed by black tea flavor. This stuff is STRONG, though it manages to be so without being astringent – my kind of tea!

I didn’t have cream so I couldn’t go all traditional, but a splash of milk and a good tsp. of sugar accented it nicely. Boyfriend drank it straight and loved it, too. He actually drank it instead of coffee (which was shocking) and asked that I make sure to keep it around.

Yup, I think we like it!