drank Swiss Apple by Tea Forte

Yesterday was my birthday, and I turned 27. But alas, I was unable to celebrate it because I was working a 12 hour clinical shift at the local children’s hospital. I got lots of phone calls and birthday texts to make the day wonderful, but the curling up and relaxing with tea didn’t happen because I fell into bed exhausted by 8 PM.

Ah well, there’s always next year to celebrate. Or in this case, there’s a next day to drink some of the free samples that Tea Forte so generously provided me with. I’ve wanted to try the skin smart teas for a while now because some of the flavors just look amazing! This one caught my eye first and it just smelled so fall-like that I had to give it a go.

The smell of dry leaf and steeped tea is strongly cinnamon, and maaaayyybe a hint of apples in the background. As to the taste, there is a strong cinnamon tinge and a juicy texture reminiscent of apple juice. The flavor is really all cinnamon, though. Not bad, but not accurate to the description. Luckily I like cinnamon, so it’s drinkable.

*I will say that I made a mistake and brewed hot water in my Keurig and accidentally put on the large setting, with is 9.5 ounces, whereas I’m pretty sure the tea bag was supposed to be used with only 8 oz. of water. Not a huge difference in volume, I know, but the tea tastes a bit watery and that may be contributing to it. I’ll use the smaller size next on the other teas in the collection, and out of fairness will refrain from rating it formally, but as it is right now I’d give it a 65 or so.

Boiling 8 min or more