drank Cherry Marzipan by Tea Forte

This is my next to last sample from the skin smart line. I gave the cucumber mint to my boyfriend as I don’t like cucumber and he does, as well as preferring mint teas in all varieties. [incidentally he liked it, said he could taste the cucumber but it wasn’t bad, though he wouldn’t want it daily. And that’s the most I got out of him. :)]

But on to this tea, which the smell of was a pleasant cherry almond that reminded me of a hand soap I used to love the smell of (that is actually a good thing). Brewed using the provided tea bag at the below parameters, the steeped smell was identical to the dry smell – so quite yummy.

It gets a few bonus points for tasting just like it smells- first I get the almond, which is surprisingly smooth. Normally nuts can tend to go astringent pretty quickly but this one didn’t. The cherry follows after, but the almond is definitely the dominant characteristic. The flavors blend well together, though, and I’m so very thankful that my taste buds have returned (at long last!) that I think I’m enjoying this even more than I normally would.

It was a perfect choice for tonight.