6 grams tea leaves to 500 ml. water in the Breville.

Another moroccan mint for the boyfriend – he went through 4 oz. of Teavana’s pretty quickly so we ordered from Upton since it was the same price point, but you get twice as much leaf. At the below parameters you get a nice balanced minty green tea – mild enough that I don’t feel like I’m drinking gum, but it is minty and vegetative enough that I know it’s a flavored green.

The thing I don’t like however, is the smell. It’s got a very smoky scent that I find off-putting since I don’t like smoky smells or tastes in anything. Luckily it doesn’t cross over into the taste, and luckily my boyfriend doesn’t mind because he’s going to be drinking this for a bit. I noticed the same burnt smell from Teavana’s leaves after they were in the Breville, but never in the cup I was drinking. And then I realized that it’s likely called Gunpowder green tea for a reason – and I’m dense enough that I just didn’t pick up on it before now.

It’s a nice up to have every once in a while if you’re me, or every day if you’re someone that loves a minty green and doesn’t mind that charred smell.