This steeping was actually a blend – boyfriend wanted the earl grey creme from teavana and I wanted more of a plain vanilla and with a thicker texture, So, 1 heaping tsp of this to 2 level tsp. of earl grey in 500 ml. water, at below parameters and voila!

I got what I wanted for sure – a thicker tea, with a heavier vanilla. The bergamot is shifted to the background a bit more, where I like it. I think I have a sensitivity to it if there’s too much there, so even though I like the flavor, it’s better when it’s a bit muted.

I like this with no sweetener or milk; it stands just fine on it’s own, with a cookie or two (those snickerdoodles I made are CRACK).

I would say this was a success, and may try to replicate it again in the future. :)