I usually like to look at my past notes to take preparation hints from them (especially if I know that I liked it at a particular steep time/temperature) but this morning I decided to wing it…

And then I made it the exact same way anyway.

I think that it’s because I’m relatively comfortable with assams, darjeelings, and ceylons now – they all like boiling water and they all like about 4 minute steeps. I love that I’m learning something! YAY!!!

This is PERFECT this morning; not astringent at all, malty and almost a cocoa note to me. Yep, definitely a cocoa note. The scent of the dry leaf was very malty and earthy, and now that it is steeped it has become a typical black tea smell (one of my favorite fragrances). It is fantastic without additives – and disappearing quickly.

I’m going to up the rating on this a bit since it’s hitting the spot today.