Cold brewed for about 27 hours.

I wanted to try this hot, but it was recommended to be iced – so much so that hot steeping directions weren’t even on the package. I took that as a sign, since I like cold tea anyway, put in the requisite 1 tsp. per cup, stuck it in the fridge and left it alone for a day.

The scent of the tea steeped is purely floral – you definitely have to taste it to know there’s even tea in there. And it brews up a lot lighter brown than most black teas I drink, but then most teas that I drink are in mugs, not tumblers, so that could have something to do with it too.

Taste-wise, this particular steeping was very heavy on the rose – but there was still a good balance of black tea underneath. It was quite smooth, which is normal with a cold brew, but I really noticed just how polished it tasted. I think that Upton was right – I can’t imagine a hot brew of this blending as well with the rose. I drank this down with no additives very easily.

Floral teas really aren’t my first pick when it comes to a flavored blend, so I probably won’t order it once I run out of the sample. It was really very good; I just can’t seem to shake the idea that flowers are for perfume, not food. However if flowers are your thing, I would definitely give this a shot.

Iced 8 min or more