drank JavaVana Mate by Teavana

1 tbsp. of leaf to 16 oz. water. Milk and sugar added.

The smell of this was VERY coffee-like tonight, more so than I remember. But it has been awhile, so that could explain why. I tasted a small amount plain before I put in milk and sugar, and I really got the cocoa/mocha taste. I also got the slightly woodsy taste of mate at the end of the sip…I’m not sure that I really like that flavor, but the chocolate flavor makes this palatable. Also, a 5 minute steeping time seemed to play up the Assam more and diminish the mate taste as well – a definite plus that I’ll have to remember when I use up the rest of this.

It won’t be a rebuy (I’m trying to extricate myself from Teavana as much as possible) but I’ll definitely use the 3 or 4 servings I have left to keep me awake for my last few exams as a nursing student!