So, I had that sample a few days ago and I have not been able to get it out of my head. And that was just the bagged version. While I wanted to get the looseleaf, 4 oz. is just too much for me to have during our very short fall and winter season (I doubt I’d want this in the spring and summer, good as it is), plus Barnes and Noble had the sachets, so…impulsivity won out and I just got 30 or so sachets to see how fast I’ll get through them.

Flavor wise I do think this is stronger than the tea bag, but that’s only because one sachet is supposed to go into 12 as opposed to 8 oz. of water, and I used the same volume of water in both cups. I personally like the stronger cup.

Seriously, how does this not have sugar in it? This cup manages to be even sweeter than my first, and I thought the first was pretty sweet. I’m not complaining at all, I’m just amazed at how that sweetness is managed.

This is definitely going to be a favorite all winter long.

Mercuryhime

Cinnamon is naturally sweet. I was pretty surprised the first time I made a cinnamon heavy chai.

JoonSusanna

I assumed that that’s where the sweetness was coming from, but it really does taste like some sugar is present.

Did you blend your own chai spices to get the extra cinnamon? Given the taste of this tea, I can only imagine how wonderful adding cardamom and/or ginger would be….

Mercuryhime

Yep! I was hoping to recreate a favorite that was discontinued but the proportions were all wrong. :(
I love cardamom and ginger! I say go for it!

Comments

Mercuryhime

JoonSusanna

Mercuryhime

I love cardamom and ginger! I say go for it!

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong